- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- CVS Caremark appoints Helena Foulkes president of CVS/pharmacy
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — Demonstrating CVS/pharmacy’s increased focus on personalization, the pharmacy retailer has officially unveiled its new myWeekly Ad, a first-of-its-kind digital circular experience powered by the CVS/pharmacy ExtraCare loyalty program.
As reported in the Oct. 14 issue of Drug Store News, the new myWeekly Ad is a digitized circular program that creates a personalized list of offers based on the actual items an ExtraCare member historically purchases. (For an in-depth examination of CVS Caremark's personalization efforts across its entire retail operation, see the exclusive DSN special report.)
The new digitized circular, which soft-launched in mid-September, serves as the most recent example of how the retailer is personalizing the conversion of its best customers through ExtraCare.
The offers that shoppers will find within their personal digital version of the myWeekly Ad are specific to the SKU and store level, and the ads even instruct the customer where to find the items on the shelf at their local store.
CVS/pharmacy announced on Thursday that it is showcasing the new myWeekly Ad in a fun, playful way by kicking off a 360-degree marketing, advertising and social media campaign featuring three celebrities: Joan Rivers, Nick Cannon and George Hamilton. The "What's Your Deal?" campaign highlights how CVS/pharmacy is a unifying shopping destination for all of these different characters — with something for everyone, which is at the heart of myWeekly Ad.
"Our 'What's Your Deal?' campaign is a tongue-in-cheek way for us to unveil the savings revolution that is myWeekly Ad, where we've created a personalized circular that is as unique as each of our customers," stated Rob Price, chief marketing officer of CVS/pharmacy. "CVS/pharmacy's myWeekly Ad is a convergence of technology and customer insights that revolutionizes savings. It acts as a matchmaker for our customers and their best deals."
myWeekly Ad – How It Works
The weekly ad is one of the longstanding and popular ways that CVS/pharmacy delivers value to customers. Shoppers can sign up for the new myWeekly Ad experience at cvs.com/myweeklyad by using an existing ExtraCare card number and CVS.com account information. New shoppers can also register online for an ExtraCare card and/or CVS.com account if they don't already have one.
Once they sign up, users will have access to features including:
- "Your Deals:" While myWeekly Ad lets customers see all of the same deals featured in the traditional paper circular, the platform highlights up-front those products on sale each week that the individual users most frequently purchase.
- "Recommended Deals:" myWeekly Ad thinks for the customer — and suggests deals from the weekly circular that they might be interested in based on the categories and products they've purchased in the past.
- "ExtraCare Savings:" Shoppers can quickly scan all personalized savings and rewards currently available and choose to print or use "Send to Card" to digitally send select offers to their ExtraCare card before shopping.
- "myShopping List:" Customers can build their own digital shopping list featuring the deals they'd like to take advantage of each week, and it tells the customer exactly which aisle at their local store they'll be able to find each of the products on their list. The shopping list is shareable and can be printed, emailed or viewed on a mobile phone.
- "myPurchase History:" myWeekly Ad also keeps a secure purchase history for users to reference. Customers can view the items they've purchased during the past 18 months and see if they are on sale, or add any of them to their current shopping list.
- Deal Details: Users can access information on all items that are part of an offer that week, eliminating any confusion about whether a specific product is part of the sale.
- Convenience On-The-Go: In addition to seeing their personalized offers on CVS.com, shoppers can also access myWeekly Ad via their mobile devices and tablets.
- Sneak Peek: Shoppers can see next week's deals three days before the traditional circular is distributed on Sundays. Those enrolled can check back every week for new deals and can subscribe to email notifications to find out when new offers are available.