- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS/pharmacy officially unveils new myWeekly Ad digital circular
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — CVS/pharmacy is helping its shoppers save money on gas this summer with a new program that enables customers to earn free gas by purchasing select items at its stores nationwide.
With gas prices reaching $4 per gallon nationally, CVS/pharmacy is offering members of its ExtraCare Rewards program the ability to earn one $10 gift card to Exxon/Mobil, Shell, BP Amoco or BP Arco every week by spending $30 on specially marked items found in the weekly CVS/pharmacy circular. The program runs from May 22 to Aug. 28.
All of the qualifying products will be tagged with a "Get Free Gas" icon to make them easily identifiable. Eligible items will rotate each week.
Once ExtraCare customers reach the $30 required purchase threshold, a special coupon will print on their receipt that can be redeemed immediately in store for a $10 gas card. If customers prefer to wait to redeem their coupon, they have up to 30 days to do so. There is a limit of one redemption per week for each ExtraCare cardholder.