- CVS/pharmacy officially unveils new myWeekly Ad digital circular
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- Consumers expected to spend $400 more this year than last for holidays
- Retailers should get early start on holiday promotions this year, study finds
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — As the holiday shopping season officially kicks off, CVS/pharmacy has announced that it is offering shoppers deals on gifts both online and in-store on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Plus, additional savings and rewards are available for ExtraCare members.
"Whether hunting for the best Black Friday bargains or making a quick stop for holiday essentials like wrapping paper, batteries or stocking stuffers, shoppers will discover great value at CVS/pharmacy this year," stated Judy Sansone, SVP of merchandising for CVS/pharmacy. "Starting with our three-day Black Friday sale, customers can take advantage of incredible promotions on a wide variety of gifts for everyone on their list. We're happy to make the holiday shopping experience easy and convenient for our customers while offering tremendous savings and selection."
Sales starting Nov. 22 through Nov. 24 include:
- Toys: Buy-One-Get-One deals will be available on specially-advertised toys and shoppers can also snag discounts on select Discovery Kids toys ($12.99), Dream Lites ($27.88), radio control cars or trucks ($9.99), or wireless indoor helicopters ($12.88).
- Gadgets and Tech: A selection of gadget gifts will also be on sale, like an Android tablet with 7" digital touch screen ($78.88) or the choice of a Sylvania Home Theater System with DVD player, iCraig Tower Speaker with FM Radio, AM/FM Vintage CD Jukebox, American Cinema Popcorn Popper or Sunbeam Microwave Oven (all $48.88).
- Novelties: Nesquick Chocolate Fountain, Waffle Zoo, Super Pretzel Maker, Keebler Cake Pop Maker, Keebler Pie Maker or Sunbeam Sewing Machine, will also be available for $12.88 each.
In addition, a variety of everyday essentials and gift items are included in "Free After ExtraBucks Rewards” promotions, so ExtraCare cardholders can earn instant rewards back for buying specially-marked items detailed in the circular and on store shelves. For recipients of Sunday newspaper deliveries across the country, there is a 25% off shopping pass for in-store purchase within the weekly circular.
CVS/pharmacy is offering deals on holiday gifts and decor, as well as everyday essentials, on CVS.com. Shoppers can also sign up online to receive Double Quarterly ExtraBucks Rewards on their purchases both online and in-store.
On Black Friday shoppers can visit CVS.com to shop for gifts and take advantage of exclusive online-only deals, including free shipping from 12 pm through 3 pm EST and on all orders more than $25 all day long.
On Cyber Monday, shoppers will find additional exclusive deals on CVS.com plus free shipping on all orders of more than $25.
The retailer is encouraging members of its ExtraCare program to check the circular in-store or online to find additional savings during the holidays. For those participating in the ongoing Double Quarterly ExtraBucks Rewards promotion going on through Dec. 15, customers will earn double the rewards on most gift purchases, leading to a post-holiday treat in the form of more ExtraBucks Rewards that pay out in January.
At CVS.com, customers can check back for additional promotions throughout the holiday season and are encouraged to order gifts online by Dec. 14 with standard shipping (Dec. 17 with expedited shipping) to get their gifts in time for Christmas (by Dec. 24).
Shoppers can follow @CVS_Extra on Twitter to learn about upcoming ExtraCare promotions and participate in a variety of giveaways, including the "12 Days of Giveaways" event kicking off on Dec. 3. Additional holiday savings news and updates can be found on the CVS/pharmacy Facebook page. Starting Nov. 20 for the five weeks leading up to Christmas, shoppers also can head to Destination Christmas on CVS.com, or visit the CVS/pharmacy YouTube channel each week to watch videos featuring moms with blogs sharing their gift suggestions and holiday savings tips.