WOONSOCKET, R.I. In an effort to curb chronic diseases, CVS/pharmacy and the 50 Million Pound Challenge are offering shoppers a 32-page 50 Million Pound Challenge guide in all CVS/pharmacy retail locations.
The free guide offers tools and tips that can lead to better health, including guidance on weight loss, improved nutrition and exercise. Most important, the guide underscores the link between obesity and such chronic diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes and cancer, and outlines preventive steps to take now. The guide features such components as:
- Adiet plan from 50 Million Pound Challenge founder Dr. Ian Smith's widely popular book "The Fat Smash Diet"
- An exercise plan
- Information on nutritional content of foods
- A 7-day meal plan prepared by Smith
- Excerpts from Smith's new book, Happy
- Weight loss charts for tracking success
- Coupons for healthy snacks at CVS/pharmacy and discounts on 50 Million Pound Challenge gear found at 50millionpounds.com
The CVS/pharmacy and 50 Million Pound Challenge partnership is part of a broader effort by CVS/pharmacy to support diabetes patients. The drug store chain currently is running its To Your Health program across major U.S. cities, offering free comprehensive health risk assessments and screenings, including blood glucose screenings for diabetes.