- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS Caremark appoints Helena Foulkes president of CVS/pharmacy
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee last week appointed Helena Foulkes, EVP and chief marketing officer for CVS Caremark, to the R.I. Economic Development Corp. board of directors, according to published reports.
Foulkes will serve as vice chairwoman of the EDC board. She is the first female to serve in this capacity.
Also named to the board were information technology expert Jack Templin, co-founder of the Providence Geeks and RI Nexus; Providence developer Stanley Weiss, founder of the Hotel Providence; and Central Falls real estate developer and manager Jerauld Adams.
The appointments are subject to the review and consent of the Senate.
Foulkes last year had been named to Chafee’s transition committee and had sat on a panel at Chafee’s budget summit at Rhode Island College in December 2010.