- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — CVS/pharmacy is using flu shots to support the USO in recognition of Veterans Day.
CVS/pharmacy said Wednesday that it would donate $3 to the USO during the week of the holiday, between Nov. 11 and Nov. 17, pledging a minimum donation of $50,000, and up to $100,000. The company said the idea was to remind Americans that a flu shot is the best way to protect against flu.
"We are pleased to partner with the USO again this year to remind those who protect our country to protect themselves with a flu shot this season," CVS Caremark VP pharmacy affairs Papatya Tankut said. "Veterans Day week is an ideal time to get vaccinated before flu season peaks because it takes a couple of weeks after the vaccine is given to provide full immunization against influenza."