- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- CVS Caremark appoints Helena Foulkes president of CVS/pharmacy
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
ATLANTA — CVS Caremark’s Helena Foulkes has been appointed to Home Depot’s board of directors.
Foulkes, who serves as EVP and chief health care strategy and marketing officer for CVS Caremark, will be a member of the Finance and Leadership Development & Compensation Committees for the home improvement retailer. Her appointment gives the company 11 directors, 10 of whom are independent.
Foulkes brings a wealth of experience in retail marketing strategies, operations and merchandising to the Home Depot board of directors. During her 15-plus years at CVS, Foulkes has served as the company's EVP and chief marketing officer (2009 to 2011), SVP of Health Services of CVS/pharmacy (2007 to 2009), SVP marketing and operations services, January to October 2007, and SVP advertising and marketing (2002 to 2007). She has also held positions in strategic planning, visual merchandising and category management while at CVS.
"I'm pleased to welcome Helena to our board and look forward to the unique insight she brings from her years of retail experience and leadership," stated Frank Blake, chairman and CEO of Home Depot.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.