- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- CVS Caremark appoints Helena Foulkes president of CVS/pharmacy
- CVS Caremark, Cardinal Health form largest generic sourcing entity in U.S.
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — CVS Caremark has announced the appointment of Stephen Gold as CIO.
Gold, who joins CVS Caremark on July 9, will focus on bringing new and differentiating technology solutions to the company's retail and pharmacy benefit management businesses.
"Steve is a proven technology leader with a track record of delivering leading-edge solutions to business," stated Larry Merlo, president and CEO of CVS Caremark. "Technology is important to us as a pharmacy innovation company, enabling us to drive solutions to improve quality, cost and access to health care for millions of Americans. I'm confident Steve will bring strong vision and introduce innovations that will position us for ongoing success."
Gold has more than 30 years of experience in designing and implementing large-scale technology initiatives in the PBM, e-commerce and retail industries. He joins CVS Caremark from Avaya, where he held the position of CIO. Prior to that, he served as the CIO and chief technology officer for the e-commerce solutions provider GSI Commerce. Gold also served more than 12 years in various information technology leadership positions with Merck and Medco Health Solutions.