- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- CVS Caremark appoints Helena Foulkes president of CVS/pharmacy
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — CVS Caremark has donated approximately $40,000 in monetary and in-kind donations to support residents of Joplin, Mo., including some of the company's pharmacy benefit manager clients and their members who were impacted by the recent tornado, the company announced on Friday.
CVS Caremark and CVS/pharmacy colleagues in the region collected and donated first aid and personal care supplies valued at approximately $35,000 to local relief efforts in Joplin. In addition, CVS Caremark has made a $5,000 donation to the American Red Cross.
"We know that the tornado directly affected some of our valued PBM clients and their members in the Joplin area, so we are pleased to be able to support local relief efforts and the American Red Cross," CVS Caremark SVP community relations Eileen Howard Boone said.
CVS Caremark stated that it also has been working closely with its PBM clients and their members in the affected area to ensure members have ongoing access to their medications, and CVS Caremark colleagues are providing guidance to members about how to obtain their medications according to each unique situation.