- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- CVS Caremark research identifies optimal elements of effective VBID plans
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- CVS Caremark's 'ability' and 'agility' a key focus of 2013 Analyst Day
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — Washington-based healthcare accrediting organization URAC has given a subsidiary of CVS Caremark case management accreditation, valid through March 1, 2016, CVS said Wednesday.
CVS said Accordant Health Services met URAC's standards, which require companies to establish processes to assess, plan and implement case management interventions.
"We are very excited to have received URAC accreditation," Accordant Health Services president Trip Hofer said. "We understand that holistically supporting individuals who have rare conditions will impact lives and healthcare spend. Accreditation from URAC is important for Accordant. It recognizes our ongoing commitment to excellence and demonstrates our passion for providing services in the highest quality manner."
Accordant provides health plans, employers and CVS Caremark PBM client members with care-management services not offered in traditional health management programs, particularly for people with rare, complex medical conditions.