- Supervalu now features Stayhealthy HealthCENTER Kiosks
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- Supervalu names Jerry Storch chairman, succeeds Robert Miller in that capacity
- Walgreens gets top score among drug chains in Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
STILLWATER, Minn. — A Supervalu subsidiary is getting into the holiday spirit with a new campaign that gives back to the communities it serves.
Through its Giving Thanks holiday program, Cub Foods will sell $1, $5 and $10 “Giving Thanks” coupons. With the funds raised, the supermarket chain will donate gift cards to local food banks or agencies in time to provide a Thanksgiving or holiday meal to families.
“This year has been a difficult one for many families within the communities where we serve,” said Cub Foods president Keith Wyche. “We hope our customers will find our Giving Thanks holiday program to be an easy and convenient way for them to truly impact families, especially as difficult economic conditions have led to unprecedented demands on food banks.”