- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Gallup: Take Care Clinics top in customer service
- Dietary supplement industry gets its due with GMP requirements
- With health reform outlook dimmed, pharmacy can’t abandon its agenda
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
WASHINGTON The Council for Responsible Nutrition on Thursday announced the Food and Drug Administration's principal deputy commissioner Joshua Sharfstein is slated to return as a keynote speaker at The Conference, CRN’s annual symposium for the dietary supplement industry.
Sharfstein will make the opening address to attendees, providing an update on the FDA’s dietary supplement-related regulatory activities on Sept. 30.
Sharfstein will discuss the impact of the current regulatory landscape of the recently fully implemented dietary supplement good manufacturing practices, as well as the adverse event reporting law. Sharfstein also will provide attendees with advice on what a responsible industry can do to aid the FDA in its mission to protect the public health.
Additionally, Sharfstein will update conference attendees on critical supplement industry issues, such as the new dietary ingredient notification guidance.