- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens furthers reach into North Carolina with acquisition of Kerr Drug
WINTER PARK Vogue magazine. —Beauty shoppers at several Walgreens stores in Florida recently were treated to CoverGirl make-overs sponsored by
The CoverGirl makeovers were held at 14 Florida market Walgreens stores, with professional makeup artists demonstrating the new Lash Blast mascara.
During the event, Vogue also promoted the magazine’s latest sweepstakes—a chance to win an Andrew Marc Salina handbag—by distributing trend sheets to attendees.
The event offered customers a CoverGirl gift-with-purchase cosmetic bag, which helped sell more than 152 pieces during the event—a 62% closure rate, according to Cosmetic Promotions, a promotional and marketing company that executed the event.
A survey conducted during the event showed that 81% of surveyed customers had used CoverGirl before, and 99% of them wanted more makeover events at Walgreens. More than 59% of the customers were within the target age group (25 to 50 years) of the brand and the magazine.