- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Living Essentials brings shots of energy to shelves
- Morningstar names Costco's Jim Sinegal CEO of the Year
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
NEW YORK — Costco Wholesale reported a better-than-expected 6% rise in September same-store sales, helped by higher gasoline prices and a stronger dollar.
Excluding the impact of gasoline prices and foreign exchange, comparable same-store sales rose 5% for the month.
Net sales rose 8% to $9.31 billion in the five weeks ended Sept. 30. Costco, which currently operates 608 warehouses, said it plans to open up to 14 new warehouses prior to the end of calendar year 2012.