WOONSOCKET, R.I. — Coram CVS/specialty infusion services has announced the opening of a new branch pharmacy in El Paso, Texas, that will serve the Big Bend, Panhandle and Permian Basin areas of Texas, as well as southern New Mexico.
The new facility, which is larger than the previous branch location, offers a number of services, including:
- Ambulatory infusion suite, which provides an alternative to a hospital setting where patients can receive IV infusion of specialty drugs in a safe, monitored environment;
- Infusion therapies, including anti-infective services, parenteral nutrition (PN) and enteral nutrition (tube feeding), cardiac/inotropic therapies, immunoglobulins (IVIg and SCIg), Alpha-1 therapies and pain and palliative care services;
- Compounding "clean room," which is compliant with USP 797 pharmaceutical compounding standards;
- Peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) line placement using state-of-the-art technology. This new service enables infusion therapy to begin immediately, without the need for an x-ray confirmation or hospitalization;
- Individual patient counseling and education;
- Nursing services; and
- Nursing language services available in English and Spanish.
"As the only national infusion services company in the area, Coram is pleased to build upon our long-standing investment in the El Paso community and the surrounding areas with the opening of this branch," said Rob Allen, president, Coram CVS/specialty infusion services. "We know that infusion care provided in the home or at an alternate site infusion suite can help promote better health and an improved quality of life for patients with complex infusion needs."
In January, CVS Caremark acquired Coram, the specialty infusion services and enteral nutrition business unit of Apria Healthcare Group. Coram is one of the nation's largest providers of comprehensive infusion services, caring for approximately 165,000 patients annually.