- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Insurance rollout shows pharmacies and NACDS in action
- NACDS supports bill to curb Rx abuse, safeguard patients
- Axe aims for world peace with Axe Peace, campaign
- Coppertone unveils sunscreen innovations
WHITEHOUSE STATION, N.J. — Coppertone, which is made by Merck's Consumer Care division, is gearing up for summer with its new foaming lotion sunscreens.
"Our breakthrough foaming lotion technology offered the opportunity to reinvent our Water Babies and Oil Free products," stated Patricia Agin, fellow in skin care research and development at the Solar Research Center. "We continuously innovate to meet consumers' evolving needs for gentle protection in easy-to-use formulas."
The new products for 2011 include:
- Coppertone Oil Free foaming sunscreen lotion SPF 75+, which is designed to offer broad-spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays. The hypoallergenic formula comes in a silky-soft application that is fragrance-free and won't clog pores;
- Coppertone Water Babies sunscreen foaming lotion SPF 75+, which is designed to be non-irritating and offers broad spectrum, waterproof sun protection;
- Coppertone Water Babies Pure & Simple sunscreen lotion SPF 50, which offers tear-free, broad-spectrum sun protection in a 2-oz. size ideal for the diaper bag. The formula is oil and fragrance-free, as well as ultra gentle for babies' skin; and
- Coppertone tanning lotion SPF 15, a nongreasy formula offering broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection with the classic Coppertone fragrance. It is formulated with aloe and vitamin E.