- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Gallup: Take Care Clinics top in customer service
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- With health reform outlook dimmed, pharmacy can’t abandon its agenda
- Rite Aid takes a bite out of obesity; relaunches weight-loss program for New Year
NEW YORK Consumer Health Services, a manager of on-site consumer health clinics, has announced the opening of its new physician-led clinic inside Duane Reade at West 42nd Street and 8th Avenue.
There are now six DR Walk-in Medical Care centers within Duane Reade stores in New York. The clinics are managed by Consumer Health Services.
The medical practice is affiliated with Beth Israel Medical Center and St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
"We continue our commitment to provide New Yorkers with convenient, accessible, quality health care," stated Frank Cracolici, president of St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center. "Our latest endeavor at the Duane Reade location on 42nd Street and 8th Avenue is a major benefit for the many thousands of New Yorkers who frequent that area."
According to Dr. Maggie Bertisch, medical director for New York Walk-In Medical Group, more than 50,000 New Yorkers have visited the DR Walk-In Medical Centers since the first one opened in 2007.