- Shopping health and beauty online
- Rite Aid finishes tough fiscal year, but Q4 shows improvements
- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Mike Bloom resigns from CVS/pharmacy, assumes president, COO role at Family Dollar
- Pawlenty and ‘who’s who’ of retail pharmacy headline 13th annual Issues Summit
OXFORD, Mich. A straw that prevents juice box spills soon may be found on retail shelves nationwide.
Strawzzles are reusable and dishwasher-safe straws that assure no spillage will take place. The one-piece straws are ideal for children of all ages on the go and those who have difficulty drinking from adult-sized cups without spilling.
“We have conducted consumer research with caregivers, kids and major beverage manufacturers, and they all recognize the clear benefits of Strawzzle," said Scott Currie, Strawzzle brand manager. "Besides the smiles on the faces of the parents and children, our most significant endorsement of Strawzzle came when a beverage company senior packaging engineer congratulated us with solving a widely recognized problem.”
“Given the response from caregivers, kids and the beverage industry, our long-term plan includes working with beverage manufacturers to replace the existing straw with Strawzzle," Currie added. "Until then, we are focused on producing the reusable, dishwasher-safe Strawzzle in the United States and bringing it directly to consumers through point-of-purchase sales at major grocery and retail stores."