- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
- Estée Lauder names Jane Lauder global brand president of Clinique
- Target unveils new Sonia Kashuk beauty for spring 2014
- The Fergie CenterStage Collection by Wet n Wild expands
- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
CHICAGO The Macy’s store here at State Street has become the first department store in the country to sell Colorlab Custom Cosmetics, which enables makeup artists to create custom blended makeup for beauty shoppers, according to local news reports.
The Rockford, Ill.-based company, founded In 1996 by makeup artist and cosmetic industry veteran Mary Swaab, previously sold its custom blended makeup at Selfridges in London, Galleries Lafayette in Paris and a department store in Mexico City.
The Macy’s opening is the first of a three-year deal with the department store chain. A second location is expected to be a Colorlab boutique that will open in December in the Lincoln Park area. The agreement with Macy’s is expected to spread the Colorlab name nationwide within Macy’s stores in such places as Los Angeles, Las Vegas and San Francisco, according to published reports.