- Reuters: Safeway a target for possible buyout
- Green Equity Investors exchanges nearly 1.9 million shares of Rite Aid preferred stock for common stock
- Walgreens' Greg Wasson featured on 'Mad Money'
- Revlon names new president, CEO
- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
OAKLAND, Calif. — Clorox on Friday confirmed it has received an unsolicited conditional proposal from Icahn Enterprises to acquire the company for $76.50 per share, subject to due diligence, financing and other conditions. Clorox said its board of directors, in consultation with its financial and legal advisers, will review the proposal in due course.
Goldman, Sachs & Co. and J.P. Morgan Securities are serving as financial advisers, and Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz is legal adviser.