- Clif Bar introduces Clif Mojo Fruit & Nut and Clif Mojo Dark Chocolate
- Maker of Clif energy bars expands portfolio with Zbar protein bar for kids
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Clif Bar launches Kit’s Organic Fruit + Seed
- Report: Omega-3 supplementation can realize $4 billion in net CHD-attributed cost savings
EMERYVILLE, Calif. — Clif Bar doesn't think energy chews should always have to be simply fruit-flavored. In a first for the predominantly fruit-flavored category, the company has introduced its Chocolate Cherry flavor to its Clif Shot Blocks line of energy chews for performance athletes.
With subtle chocolate and ripe black cherry flavors, Chocolate Cherry Clif Shot Blocks contain 95% organic ingredients, 100 calories per three pieces and the ideal balance of carbohydrates and electrolytes to boost athletes' energy and promote proper muscle function.
“The body craves variety after hours of training and racing,” said Chris Randall, Clif Shot brand manager at Clif Bar & Company. “At Clif Bar, our foods are crafted with the optimal balance of ingredients to meet athletes’ performance needs and taste demands. We are excited to expand our lineup with an innovative chocolate-flavored energy chew that provides 50 mg of caffeine per serving.”
A packet of Clif Shot Blocks contains six energy chews and is available now — and in the new flavor — at select specialty retail stores across the country for a suggested retail price of $1.99.
In addition to Chocolate Cherry, consumers can choose from eight other flavors, four of which contain caffeine: Black Cherry (50 mg of caffeine), Citrus, Cran-Razz, Margarita (with three times the sodium), Mountain Berry, Orange (25 mg of caffeine), Strawberry and Tropical Punch (25 mg of caffeine).