- Sneakz shake gets national launch
- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
- Study pinpoints protective genetic mutations for Type 2 diabetes
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
ATLANTA — CinSulin, based in Issaquah, Wash., is in the process of launching a cinnamon water extract to help maintain healthy blood-glucose levels for patients with prediabetes or Type 2 diabetes.
The extract contains a concentrated cinnamon extract through a proprietary process that separates the water-soluble components from unwanted fat-soluble components. The result is an extract that is on average 10 times stronger than the average cinnamon supplement, the company stated.
According to the company, the water extract of cinnamon has been studied in five human clinical trials to prove its effectiveness and safety, all of which have been published or presented in peer-reviewed journals and at scientific meetings.
The initial launch includes three SKUs: the flagship One Per Day CinSulin that features a one capsule-per-day regimen, an Advanced Strength CinSulin that is formulated with vitamin D3 and a Healthy Weight CinSulin that contains green tea and coffeeberry extracts to help promote healthy weight.
The products ship Feb. 1 and were showcased for buyers last week at the ECRM Vitamin, Diet & Sports Nutrition EPPS conference here.
Interested in this topic? Sign up for our weekly DSN Collaborative Care e-newsletter.