- Report: 'Shark Tank' proves successful for Breathometer
- Duane Reade to blast allergy coupons on high-index days through Poncho app
- Essie sponsors 26 shows at NY Fashion Week
- Sally Hansen looks to jazz up manicures with new Big Top Coats
- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
CHICAGO — Chummies, an innovative friendship bracelet, hit the market on Tuesday. The silicone, latex-free interlocking bracelets are sold in pairs and can be pulled apart to give to various close friends, or "chums."
The bracelets can be interlocked with several others as friends build upon their relationships and their Chummies. The bracelet creators Kelly Casaccio and Amy Orlando, two middle school teachers, came up with the idea of a product that could be shared with many friend.
"We wanted a positive way to celebrate friendships where everyone could feel included and focus on what makes each person unique. These perfect pairs of bracelets are a constant reminder of what each friend brings to your life," Casaccio said.
Chummies are available in different iconic pairs for every friendship, including peanut butter and jelly; mac and cheese; tennis shoes and high heels; and a guitar and amp. The bracelets are available for $4.99 a pair at MyChummies.com.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.