- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Intel survey: Patients ready to embrace personalized medicine
- FDA clears Novo Nordisk insulin pen for children
PRINCETON, N.J. — Novo Nordisk has teamed up with actor Chris Noth to underscore the importance of early diabetes screening and detection.
Noth will serve as an ambassador for the national education program Ask.Screen.Know., Novo Nordisk said. As an ambassador, Noth will encourage Americans ages 45 years or older to get tested for diabetes and talk to a healthcare professional about the risk factors through a public service announcement and online at AskScreenKnow.com.
"As reinforced by the latest [Centers for Disease Control] analysis, the diabetes epidemic will continue to be a serious public health issue if we do not make significant changes," Novo Nordisk global chief medical officer Alan Moses said. "The goal of Ask.Screen.Know. is to reduce the burden of diabetes by encouraging those who are at risk for Type 2 diabetes to get tested. If caught early, serious health complications can be prevented or delayed."