- Yoplait introduces new Go-Gurt packaging with health labels
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Spangler Candy Co. introduces new holiday offerings
- Convenient meal category gets revamped with new Revolution Foods meal kits
- Birds Eye launches Recipe Ready line for quick meal preparation
NORWICH, N.Y. — Chobani has captured the U.S. yogurt market as the leading brand in the category, according to SymphonyIRI Group data.
The Greek yogurt brand surpassed such competitors as Yoplait and Dannon, according to SymphonyIRI’s InfoScan Review, which examined the last 12 weeks of sales, ended March 20, across food, drug and mass (excluding Walmart).
What's more, SymphonyIRI recently named Chobani as one of the most successful food and beverage consumer packaged goods brands of 2010.
“This is a very exciting moment for us. I’m so proud of how far we’ve come since Chobani first hit store shelves three years ago and the people on our team who made it happen,” said Hamdi Ulukaya, CEO and founder of Agro Farma, Chobani’s parent company. “Consumers now know what to expect from their yogurt, and we're going to keep giving them what they want. Without their support, we wouldn’t be where we are today.”