- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Muller Yogurt expands offering with new lowfat, Greek flavors
- Study: Convenience a major factor for parents turning to retail clinics for pediatric care
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
NEW BERLIN, N.Y. — Chobani announced today a wide variety of new innovations across the company's portfolio, including new cups, Chobani Bite, Chobani Flip and Chobani Champions.
"Our new products are designed to surprise and delight consumers — welcoming some to Greek yogurt for the first time through a familiar format like our blended yogurt, challenging the taste buds of others with exotic and trending ingredients like chia seeds and ginger, and servicing new occasions like snacking and mindful treats in order to help expand the category," said John Heath, SVP innovation at Chobani. "We know that the yogurt market in America is just beginning; European consumers eat up to seven-and-a-half times more yogurt per capita. So this launch, and every launch, for Chobani is about giving people new and exciting ways of experiencing our Greek yogurt."
The new offerings listed here will be available nationally in July.
Chobani Flip Greek yogurt, a pairing of strained Greek yogurt complemented by mix-ins inspired directly from the unique yogurt creations served at Chobani SoHo, the brand's retail store in New York City, using ingredients such as chia seeds, hemp seeds and pistachios. Chobani Flip retails for $1.49 per 5.3-oz cup.
- Blueberry Power — Blueberry nonfat Greek yogurt with chia seeds, hemp seeds and walnuts (a combination inspired by Chobani founder and CEO Hamdi Ulukaya's daily breakfast);
- Nutty for Nana — Banana low-fat Greek yogurt with honey roasted salted almonds and dark chocolate;
- Peachy Pistachio — Peach low-fat Greek yogurt with pistachio and dark chocolate;
- Tropical Escape — Pineapple coconut low-fat Greek yogurt with toasted coconut, hazelnut and granola.
Chobani Bite Greek yogurt comes in two new flavors featuring combinations of honey with ginger and mint with dark chocolate chips. Each 3.5-oz. cup of Chobani Bite contains 100 calories and 8 g of protein. Chobani Bite retails for $2.99 per 3.5-oz. 4-pack.
Also available will be three new Chobani Champions Greek yogurt products for kids — all of which are made with only natural ingredients and real fruit, and offer a good source of Vitamin D and protein. Chobani Champions Tubes retail for $2.79 per 2.25-oz. 8-pack; Chobani Champions Cups retail for $2.99 per 3.5-oz. 4-pack.
- The new Chobani Champions Flyin' Dragon Fruit Greek Yogurt Tubes are a grab-and-go way to feed the imagination and explore new ingredients with kids. The exotic fruit from the cactus family tastes like a blend of kiwi, pear, watermelon and mango.
- In addition, two Chobani Champions Tube flavors, blueberry and strawberry, are now available in 3.5-oz. cups, giving kids access to a nutritious snack with or without a spoon.
Lastly, Chobani is adding new additions to its signature line of 6-oz. cups:
- Fruit-on-the-bottom — Low-fat apricot and nonfat blackberry;
- Blended — Low-fat coconut, low-fat key lime and low-fat orange vanilla.
Chobani 6-oz. cups have a suggested retail price of $1.29.
Also new this July, Chobani will introduce multi-packs. The 6-oz. 4-packs are available in blended coconut, key lime, orange vanilla, raspberry, strawberry banana and vanilla, as well as fruit-on-the-bottom black cherry, blueberry, blackberry, peach, strawberry and pineapple ($4.49/6-oz. 4-pack). Chobani will also launch 8-packs of smaller 3.5-oz. cups, featuring black cherry, blueberry, blackberry, peach, pineapple and strawberry ($3.39/3.5 oz 8-pack).
Get connected and follow us on LinkedIn for the most in-depth coverage of drug store news. Join the conversation.