- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Q&A: Genetic profiling with Dr. Anita Goel of Nanobiosym
- Rite Aid, GNC extend partnership through 2019, allowing at least 300 new 'store-within-a-store' locations over five years
- Walgreens expands travel health services
SAN DIEGO — Chicken of the Sea is pairing its canned tuna with what the company calls "breakthrough technology."
New Chicken of the Sea has launched no-drain tuna, which offers the company's solid, steak-like tuna in every can without the need for draining. The package also touts an easy-to-open convenient lid.
John Sawyer, SVP sales and marketing for Chicken of the Sea International, said the company is the first brand in the United States to offer the technology, which has experienced great success in overseas markets.
“Consumers have long enjoyed canned tuna for its many health benefits,” Sawyer said. “Now, our no-drain tuna offers the same great nutritional attributes in a more convenient can. With just a drop of liquid, our new product offers no mess, no draining and firm, moist and delicious-tasting tuna.”
Chicken of the Sea no-drain Tuna is available to retailers now in four, 4-oz. varieties, including solid white albacore tuna, solid light tuna, solid light thai chili tuna and solid light lemon pepper tuna.