- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
- More than a dozen health information exchanges, service providers join Surescripts
- Chobani gives a boost to Team USA on the journey to Sochi
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
NEW YORK Trident gum is offering New Yorkers free cab rides in line with the launch of its newest Trident Layers gum flavor: cool mint and melon fresco.
The one-day promotion, which will be held on Oct. 21 from 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., will allow people to hail taxis from a special stand in Manhattan's Times Square, where they can pay for their cab ride with packs of Trident Layers.
Trident also will host other promotional activities while New Yorkers wait for their cab rides.