- Rolaids to once again spell relief for heartburn remedy sets
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Sanofi: Nasacort first nasal corticosteroid available without a prescription
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
PARIS — Sanofi on Monday announced that its U.S. Consumer Healthcare Division Chattem, completed the acquisition of the worldwide rights to the Rolaids brand from McNeil Consumer Healthcare for an undisclosed amount.
"The addition of Rolaids represents a rare opportunity to obtain an iconic brand that we believe will respond positively to our proven approach of growing brands through innovation and advertising," stated Zan Guerry, CEO, Chattem. "We are primed to leverage the Rolaids market opportunity to drive incremental growth and take the brand to a new level."
Rolaids was first introduced in 1954. Chattem will re-launch Rolaids and expects the product to be available at retailers within a year.
"This acquisition is consistent with our long-term strategy, which includes growing our consumer healthcare offering as part of a broader diversification strategy," stated Anne Whitaker, president, North America Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi. "Chattem has a proven track record of successful acquisitions and integrations and the addition of Rolaids, an enduring brand with a deep heritage, further diversifies the company's portfolio."