- Valeant announces CeraVe sunscreen line at New York event
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals closes deal on Bausch + Lomb
- Banana Boat develops new multibenefit sunscreen lotions
- AmLactin names Olympic swimmer Dara Torres brand ambassador
- AMBI Skincare taps Dr. Jeanine Downie to serve as brand's skin of color expert
NEW YORK — Skin care brand CeraVe, developed by Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America, is expanding its portfolio with a line of sun care products slated to hit stores beginning this month.
The new CeraVe Sun Care line, developed with dermatologists, includes eight products for the face and body with various applications offering both broad spectrum SPF 30 and SPF 50 protection, and will be sold in the sun protection aisle in drug stores and mass market.
To help promote the new line, CeraVe has partnered with USA swimmer Rebecca Soni, six-time Olympic medalist and World Record holder in the 100- and 200-meter breaststroke. Soni will serve as the face of the brand in 2013.
"Ms. Soni will appear in print advertisements throughout the year and is involved with helping to promote CeraVe Sun Care through our social media outreach on Facebook, Twitter (@rebsoni) and YouTube," stated Katherine Salazar, associate director of Valeant Consumer Medical Products.