- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Reports: ESI may start 'price war' over new hepatitis C drugs
ST. LOUIS — Centene Corp. has purchased specialty pharmacy provider AcariaHealth for a combination of cash and stock, Centene said Tuesday.
Monday's purchase of AcariaHealth, formally known as Specialty Therapeutic Care Holdings, was financed through a combination of 1.7 million shares of Centene stock, cash and up to $15.3 million of Centene stock from an equity offering related to funding.
Centene said it expected the acquisition to be neutral to earnings per share in the first 12 months, and that it was working with AcariaHealth to ensure a seamless transition for customers and others.