BOULDER, Colo. Celestial Seasonings, a maker of all-natural teas, has developed a five fermented tea beverages features a distinctive blend of fruits, herbs and botanicals with a live and active culture called Kombucha.
Beginning in April, the new line will be available at Whole Foods Market and other natural foods stores in five flavorful, functional varieties with a suggested retail price of $2.99 to $3.49 for one 16-oz. bottle. Available varieties include:
- Digestion: Meyer Lemon Ginger – contains prebiotics and ginger to support digestive health and meyer lemon for a sweet-tart taste
- Antioxidant: Superfruit – contains Vitamin C to support immunity and well-being and acai, goji and pomegranate for a rich flavor
- Metabolism: Berry Guava – contains green tea extract and B-vitamins to support healthy metabolism and huckleberry, blueberry and guava for tangy sweetness
- Energy: Pomelo Citrus – contains B-vitamins and ginseng to maintain healthy energy levels and pomelo for a unique citrus taste
- Super Green: Tropical Blend – contains spirulina for concentrated green food nutrients and mango and other flavors for a temptingly tropical taste
"Kombucha has gained a small but loyal following thanks to its health- and wellness-supporting qualities, but we've enhanced its palatability and appeal so that more people can enjoy its nutritional benefits," said Peter Burns, General Manager of Celestial Seasonings.