- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Medicine Shoppe, Medicap owners get a jumpstart on RBC 2013
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
NOVI, Mich. — The Chain Drug Marketing Association last month recognized several members at the association's 86th Annual Trade Expo in Kissimmee, Fla.
CDMA awarded Powhatan Pharmacy Member of the Year; Today’s Optical was awarded Associate Member of the Year; Guardian Drug Company was named Store Brand Supplier of the Year; and Rochester Drug Company was named Store Brand Member of the Year.
Also at the shareholder’s meeting Nancy Wharmby of Medicine Center/Medicine Shoppe Pharmacies was elected as the newest member of CDMA’s board of directors.
The association declared the meeting a success with 110 exhibitors of products and services geared to the front end of the pharmacy on the trade floor. The event featured a Store Brand Forum as a way for buyers to meet one-on-one with private-label suppliers. And the CDMA Showroom featured more than 500 items across all front-end merchandise categories. Additionally, another 500 items were featured in the Direct Import Showroom, which showcased primarily seasonal product focused on fourth quarter.
The buyers voted True-Dose this year’s Product Showcase winner for "its innovative and unique product line with great packaging." True-Dose was founded by animal lovers who have a passion to improve the quality of ingredients and accuracy of the dosing of companion animal health in the vitamin, supplement and nutrient categories.