NEW ORLEANS The Chain Drug Marketing Association last week awarded Brookshire Brothers as the Grocery Retail Chain of the Year at its 83rd Annual Education & Trade Expo.
Other awards presented included:
- Klingensmith’s Drug Stores for Small Retail Chain of the Year;
- Blake Pharmacy for Independent Pharmacy of the Year;
- Value Drug for Wholesaler of the Year;
- PL Development for QC Supplier of the Year;
- Evans Drug for Member of the Year;
- Art Pirrone for Associate Member of the Year; and
- Bill Earnest received the Chairman’s Award for his service and contribution from 2007-2009.
New additions to the association’s board included Lanny Doud of Rochester Drug Cooperative and Karla Moschella of Value Drug Company. Jack Walker, of Walker Drug, was elected chairman for the 2009-2011 term. Walker’s mission for CDMA is to promote product sourcing with the new Everyday Essentials program, which provides more than 5,000 hard-to-source SKUs across all categories.
The CDMA 84th Education & Trade Expo will be held in Chicago March 16-18, 2010.