- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Walgreens divests majority interest in Take Care Employer Solutions
RIVERDALE, Ga. — The Black Women's Roundtable, part of the National Coalition on Black Civic Participation, will host an event this Saturday that will have representatives from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Walgreens pharmacists on hand to address health issues and administer free flu shots, the group announced Friday.
The event is the Black Women's Roundtable Healthy Wealthy Wise National Empowerment Tour, which will feature a luncheon with actresses Vivica Fox and Demetria McKinney, Riverdale mayor Evelyn Wynn-Dixon and the first African-American female fire chief, East Point fire chief Rosemary Cloud.
The event is free and open to the public.