- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Bartell donates flu vaccines to help community outreach programs through local schools of pharmacy
- CDC issues report on flu activity in the United States
- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Many Americans still haven't received their flu shot
ATLANTA — For the week ended Nov. 20, influenza activity increased slightly across the Southeast while remaining relatively low throughout the rest of the country, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Tuesday.
A total of 11 states reported no influenza activity for the period, the CDC reported.
One state, Georgia, experienced high influenza-like illness activity. While ILI is a nonspecific term and may be caused by a variety of organisms, the increase in ILI in Georgia has occurred at the same time as a significant increase in the number of reported influenza B virus infections.