- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- Have you had your flu shot this year?
- CDC: Flu vaccination prevented an estimated 6.6 million influenza-associated illnesses last season
ATLANTA — For the week ended Feb. 9, influenza activity decreased to 3.2% — still above the baseline of 2.2%, but an indicator this year's flu season is on its way out.
Eleven states and New York City were still experiencing high influenza-like illness activity, while 10 states reported moderate activity.
On a regional basis, more than one in three patients who presented with influenza-like illnesses tested positive for the flu in region 5 (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin) and region 9 (Arizona, California, Guam, Hawaii and Nevada). Region 2, which includes New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, reported that 20% of their ILI patients tested positive for the flu.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.