- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- CDC: Flu vaccination prevented an estimated 6.6 million influenza-associated illnesses last season
- Have you had your flu shot this year?
- Shot@Life program ambassador Amanda Peet gets flu shot in NYC Walgreens to support 'Get a Shot, Give a Shot'
SAN DIEGO The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have signed with Brickfish to launch a social awareness program around the importance of getting the flu vaccine for the 2010-2011 flu season, Brickfish announced Tuesday.
The program, “The Flu Ends With U,” asks consumers for their help in creating public service announcements to assist in getting the word out via online and social media.
“We were thrilled to partner with the CDC to help them harness the power of social media for the greater good and to drive awareness of the flu vaccine,” stated Nichole Goodyear, CEO of Brickfish. “By utilizing the Brickfish platform, the CDC will be able to track in real time the depth and breadth of the awareness they are spreading.”
The CDC’s “The Flu Ends With U” social awareness program ends Dec. 20. For complete details, visit Brickfish.com/Lifestyles/TheFluEndsWithU.