- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- Rite Aid introduces interactive higi health stations across the chain
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- University of Georgia pharmacy professor becomes first appointee to Rite Aid-endowed professorship
NEW YORK — A New York-based distribution, merchandising and analytics firm has hired a former executive from Rite Aid and Duane Reade.
L&R Distributors announced Wednesday the hiring of Mike Cirilli as VP category management and procurement. L&R distributes more than 30,000 general merchandise, health, beauty and cosmetics products, pointing more than 12,000 points of distribution across the supermarket, drug, independent and mass-merchandise channels.
With 30 years of experience in retail category management and merchandising, Cirilli previously managed private label and wellness brands at Rite Aid and introduced many improvements to the Wellness store format. He also worked as VP merchandising for Duane Reade for 16 years and as a senior director of supply chain for Krasdale Foods.
Cirilli replaces Charlie DeTorres, who has relocated to a sales role for L&R based in North Carolina.