- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Safeway confirms grocer is exploring possible sale
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Catalina Health on Thursday announced it will complete installation of all Safeway pharmacies into its retail pharmacy network at the end of November. Safeway will be utilizing Catalina Health pharmacy programs to disseminate information to their customers to encourage prescription medication adherence and compliance and advocate healthy lifestyles.
“The Catalina Health program is a wonderful complement to our existing pharmacy services,” said Darren Singer, SVP Safeway. “Educating our patients on the importance of taking their medication and making them aware of our preventive patient care and health services fits right in with Safeway’s strategy of becoming a health-and-wellness destination.”
“The Safeway philosophy aligns completely with our strategic vision and objectives of providing health consumers with the coordinated support they want and need to manage their health and wellness," stated Mark Doerr, Catalina SVP retail services.
Catalina Health develops and delivers relevant treatment-related messages to more than 130 million patients each year with precise, transaction-level insights.