- CDC publishes guidelines for collaborative practice agreements
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- A shot in the arm for pharmacy
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
ARLINGTON, Va. A former executive at the American Pharmacists Association has joined the Food Marketing Institute to develop and execute the organization's education programs and research initiatives.
Carol Abel was named FMI's VP education and research. Abel comes to FMI from the American Pharmacists Association where she most recently served as senior director of education strategy and compliance officer. She was responsible for the association's pharmacy accreditation program, continuing education best practices, standards and new initiatives. She also served as director of education for the association.
"As provided in the new FMI strategic plan approved earlier this year by the board of directors, we are laser-focused on enhancing our industry education programming and expanding opportunities in leadership development for those who work in our member companies," said FMI president and CEO Leslie Sarasin. "Carol has an impressive background and extensive expertise, and her previous success in identifying innovative educational strategies makes her a welcome addition to the FMI team."