- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
NORWELL, Mass. — Carex Health Brands has established its operations in Canada with the acquisition of a Nova Scotia-based leader in the lifting seat and light therapy markets.
Carex confirmed its acquisition of Uplift Technologies, a company which touts a portfolio that includes Uplift and Daylight brands.
"We were impressed with the innovative nature of the Uplift Technologies products," Carex president Matt McElduff said. "The Uplift lifting seat and light therapy products are an obvious extension for our category leading Carex brand. By leveraging our extensive sales and logistics network, we expect to have an immediate impact on the sales of the Uplift Technologies' products. We plan to add the brand’s existing lineup to our current broad base of distribution while continuing to innovate and expand its offerings under the Carex brand."