- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
CINCINNATI — Specialty pharmacy and home infusion provider CarePoint Partners has acquired a Houston-based infusion company that it said would make it a leader in the Texas market.
CarePoint announced the acquisition of ivA Lifetec, a home-infusion pharmacy that specializes in infusions for children, as well as nursing. Financial details were not disclosed. CarePoint said Lifetec was its 10th acquisition since December 2007, and that it now provides home infusion and specialty services in seven states.
“Our business model is to closely partner with healthcare professionals in the patient continuum of care involving in-home or alternate-site infusion therapy,” CarePoint CEO Dana Soper said. “What really makes us different is the fact that we go beyond the fundamental drop-ship dispatch services. We employ a collaborative ‘hospital-to-home’ program that optimizes outcomes and patient satisfaction.”