- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Q&A: Taking the pulse with Mitch Rothschild of Vitals
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Brand medicines at retail pharmacy to no longer be covered by Tricare for Life
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y. — Specialty pharmacy CareMed Pharmaceutical Services has received specialty pharmacy and mail-order pharmacy accreditations from URAC, the company said Wednesday.
URAC is a non-profit group that uses accreditation, education and measurement programs to promote healthcare quality. CareMed also received accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Health Care in 2009.
"CareMed's dual accreditation is a testament to our commitment to excellence," CareMed SVP sales and marketing John Witkowski said. "We take meeting the high standards and scrutiny of the URAC and ACHC very seriously, and we are honored to have earned dual accreditation."