- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- USPSTF: Not enough evidence on taking supplements to prevent cardiovascular disease or cancer
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Study to explore heart-health benefits of cocoa flavanols
SAN DIEGO — Cardium Therapeutics earlier this week announced its To Go Brands operating unit has expanded its VitaRocks kids' vitamins product line and that retail distribution has been expanded into select Target stores.
The VitaRocks products are inspired by a popping pellet candy that is popular with kids and represents a next-generation, easy-use delivery platform for multivitamins and nutrients, dietary supplements, and potentially over-the-counter medicines for children as well as adults, Cardium Therapeutics suggested.
"Special formulations allow VitaRocks to melt cleanly in the mouth and deliver vitamins and nutrients while being fun and great tasting," stated Hanna Wagari, Cardium VP sales and marketing. "Unlike many other products in this class, VitaRocks require no mixing with water and can be directly consumed. While the initial product line was designed for children, with the success of new adult multivitamin chews and gummies, consumers of all ages are increasingly seeking easy-to-use and great tasting nutritional products, and we believe that our VitaRocks platform aligns with this important and rapidly emerging trend."
VitaRocks products currently are available through specialty retailers, including Whole Foods, Sprouts and Vitamin Shoppe. The new product line will be available at the beginning of April 2013 in select Target stores.