- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
ST. LOUIS — Cardinal Health confirmed late Tuesday that it has named John Fiacco VP of its Medicine Shoppe and Medicap Pharmacy franchise division, effective Jan. 1.
Fiacco, a 23-year veteran of CVS/pharmacy, has held various leadership positions within Cardinal and Medicine Shoppe over the past decade, including VP field services for Medicine Shoppe. He will succeed Terry Burnside, who recently retired from his position as general manager of both franchise brands.
“He will take on the overall leadership of Medicine Shoppe and Medicap Pharmacy sales and operations,” Cardinal spokesperson Tara Schumacher told Drug Store News.
Fiacco will report to Steve Lawrence, SVP independent sales. Lawrence, said Schumacher, “is responsible for the overall leadership of Cardinal Health teams that serve all independent retail pharmacies, including Medicine Shoppe and Medicap Pharmacies.”
Cardinal now franchises 667 independent drug stores in the United States under the Medicine Shoppe and Medicap logos, according to Schumacher.