- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Medicine Shoppe, Medicap owners get a jumpstart on RBC 2013
- Rock the vote: Cardinal Health to host special best practices competition at RBC 2013
- Q&A with George Barrett: Cardinal Health’s commitment to independent pharmacy
- Cardinal Health’s Independence Medical unit helps pharmacy owners tap into growing home healthcare market
ST. LOUIS — Cardinal Health confirmed late Tuesday that it has named John Fiacco VP of its Medicine Shoppe and Medicap Pharmacy franchise division, effective Jan. 1.
Fiacco, a 23-year veteran of CVS/pharmacy, has held various leadership positions within Cardinal and Medicine Shoppe over the past decade, including VP field services for Medicine Shoppe. He will succeed Terry Burnside, who recently retired from his position as general manager of both franchise brands.
“He will take on the overall leadership of Medicine Shoppe and Medicap Pharmacy sales and operations,” Cardinal spokesperson Tara Schumacher told Drug Store News.
Fiacco will report to Steve Lawrence, SVP independent sales. Lawrence, said Schumacher, “is responsible for the overall leadership of Cardinal Health teams that serve all independent retail pharmacies, including Medicine Shoppe and Medicap Pharmacies.”
Cardinal now franchises 667 independent drug stores in the United States under the Medicine Shoppe and Medicap logos, according to Schumacher.