- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NACDS, NCPA, GPhA express support for Drug Quality and Security Act
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Calif. senator introduces prescription drug abuse bill
DUBLIN, Ohio — A new infographic released Tuesday created by the Cardinal Health Foundation and The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy helps illustrate prescription drug abuse in the United States.
Approximately 70% of people who abuse prescription medications get them from family or friends, often from medicine cabinets. On average, more than 10,000 people in the U.S. abuse prescription medications for the first time each day.
And every 15 minutes, one American dies from an unintentional drug overdose, most due to prescription drugs. Unintentional drug overdoses are now the leading cause of accidental death in the U.S.
Are you a pharmacy technician working in the retail industry? Find our group on Facebook for more stories like this and join the conversation.