DUBLIN, Ohio — Cardinal Health on Wednesday outlined a number of enhanced tools to make it easier for retail pharmacies to help their patients better manage their cardiovascular health and prevent heart disease.
“As payers place an increasing emphasis on improving their performance on Medicare’s Star Ratings System, they’ll increasingly look to retail pharmacies to deliver services that help patients better manage cardiovascular risks and improve their overall heart health,” stated Brad Tice, product leader for Cardinal Health’s Medication Therapy Management Solution. “We’re excited to introduce these enhanced services, which will make it easier than ever before for community pharmacists to deliver heart health services to patients and to market these valuable services to physicians, employers and payers.”
Retail pharmacies that utilize Cardinal Health’s Specialized Care Center focused on Heart Health already have access to training, patient education, marketing tools, product and merchandising recommendations that help position them as a local destination for cardiovascular health needs.
Now, pharmacies that utilize Cardinal Health’s Heart Health Specialized Care Center also have access to:
- My Digital Health Coach patient tracking and reporting tools;
- New resources to make it easier to screen patients for cardiovascular risks;
- New continuing education courses to enhance their knowledge about effective strategies for improving heart health;
- Discounts on non-prescription products that patients with cardiovascular conditions need, like home diagnostics and pain relief products, vitamins and specialty supplements;
- New print and electronic marketing tools to educate local physicians and employers about how community pharmacists can help patients prevent heart disease and improve heart health; and
- New print and electronic promotional materials to market their heart health services to patients.