- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Canada's Shoppers Drug Mart posts Q4 results
BALTIMORE, Md. — Bath and beauty brand Calgon, which is managed by Ilex Consumer Products Group, has announced the return of its Turquoise Seas fragrance after more than five years off the shelf.
In March 2010, Calgon rebranded its entire bath and body line with new packaging and a marketing campaign. With the repositioning, Calgon launched more than 30 new products while keeping its roots with Morning Glory, English Garden and Hawaiian Ginger scents. Turquoise Seas, with notes of florals, aquatic greens and white musk, continued to be the No. 1 requested fragrance from consumers, which paved the way for the relaunch, according to the company.
Calgon also will introduce a new fruity-floral fragrance, Berry Ravishing. Launching just in time for the spring and summer seasons, both Turquoise Seas and Berry Ravishing will be available at select national retailers beginning late spring 2012 as an 8-oz. Refreshing Body Mist.
To support the launch, Calgon will be rolling out a major marketing and public relations campaign under Alliance, the activation and public relations division of Grey NY. The sales effort and new product launches for Calgon is driven by Ilex Consumer Products Group, which acquired the business in November 2008, when it bought the company from Ascendia Brands.